Time & Location
06 Oct 2022, 16:00 – 17:15
About the event
Avoid unnecessary strain and workload in anticipation of an inspection, by joining this short CPD. You’ll find out what Ofsted are looking for and, just as importantly, what they don’t expect departments to produce – separating evidence from myth. You’ll develop a lean preparation plan, to become confident in the knowledge that your curriculum and its implementation are in a good place. You’ll also consider how to ensure that the teaching team develop strong pedagogy and practice, leading to visibly outstanding computing provision.Who is it for?
Secondary subject leaders in computingWhat topics are covered?
- The inspection framework and deep dives – what to expect.
- Curriculum intent, implementation, and impact – what inspectors are looking for.
- Wider aspects of inspection, and the computing department – behaviour, pupil development and progress, and the questions asked by inspectors.
- Computing Quality Framework – a toolkit for school-wide improvement of computing education.
A single scheduled live, interactive online session led by an experienced practitionerHow long is this course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• consider the requirements for the Quality of Education focus in the Education Inspection Framework
• understand what is expected of Computing during a ‘deep dive’
• find to additional support and development opportunities